Turn Unstructured Data into Meaningful Information
Textual Data can provide the key to unlocking your consumers. Think about all the valuable insights you can get from customer feedback, employee surveys and social media posts. Understand you consumer better, boost your marketing strategies and measure public sentiment.
But employing text mining can be challenging. How to process vast amounts of data? How to choose the right tools that are easy-to-use? How to make sense of data without any programming knowledge?
Acquire Basic Text Mining & Analysis Skills
Join this 3-day practical virtual workshop and be introduced to the latest theories, tools, techniques and strategies in text analytics. Takeaway basic predictive analytics models and basic algorithms in text mining analytics. Create scalable, interactive and actionable text mining analytics capabilities. Collect, input and visualise text data from surveys, social media and documents. Discover how you can create a text analytics solution using data science and predictive analytics for your organisation.
- Hands-on exercises with practical case studies from:
- Customer reviews on an e-commerce website
- Clustering survey responses content
- Work with a variety of free and paid tools including:
- R / Python
- Micorsoft Azure ML Studio
- Discuss your own text mining projects and work through exercises in smaller groups on Day 3
- Hands-on exercises with practical case studies from:
Benefits of Attending
- Understand fundamental concepts in data science powering robust text mining solutions
- Make sense of your organisation’s data science and analytics capability and maturity
- Explore a variety of free and paid tools and pick apart the pros and cons of each tool
- Practice with predictive analytics models and basic algorithms used in text mining
- Build a variety of data visualisations to highlight specific points for further action
- Deep dive into textual data elements and structures used to capture comments
- Analyse trends and ways customers’ comments can impact the brand
- Learn how to structure, deliver and work through a text clustering analysis project
- Perform text clustering and discuss implications and possible applications of the concept
- Hear how you can build a practical action plan to apply text analytics in your organisation
A Fully Immersive Virtual Workshop Experience
|Hear LIVE presentation on leading case studies and common challenges||Get real-time answers to your questions throughout the workshop||Interact with like-minded professionals for dynamic exchange of ideas||In-depth sharing during
1-hour intimate group discussion on Day 3
|Gain access to full workshop materials and handout|
Felipe is a leading advanced analytics and data science partner, working with teams in a range of different organisations and helping them build, manage and enhance their data science and analytics capabilities. Felipe has a unique combination of in-depth technical expertise and many years of business experience – making him a valuable partner to organisations that need help bridging the gap between the technical and business worlds.
Felipe is also an analytics instructor with experience disseminating practical and actionable knowledge in data infrastructure, cloud, analytics and visualisation techniques in both classrooms and online settings. When Felipe is not partnering with clients or helping students, he’s a research candidate in Learning Analytics at The University of Sydney in Australia.
Alongside all this, Felipe is also an international trainer and blogger, talking and writing regularly on topics including Data Science, AI, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, Statistical Computing and Data Visualisation. Last year alone, Felipe had over 83,000 visitors to his blog from more than 180+ countries. Some of his articles have been ranked #1 in google search and referenced by many sources and leading global educational organisations.
Who Should Attend
Senior level executives responsible for Marketing, Social Media, Customer Service, Sales, Knowledge Management, Business Intelligence. No prior knowledge, experience in text analytics or the software is required.
Log-In Time: 8.50am (GMT +8)
Day 1 – 3: 9am-1pm (GMT +8)
Session 1: Fundamental concepts in Analytics, Data Science and Machine Learning
- Historical overview, recent developments and future outlook of advanced analytics topics
- Demystifying some key definitions, concepts and terminologies in data science & analytics
- Knowing why, how and what to consider in all your analytics projects
Session 2: Implementing a data science and analytics capability in your organisation
- Making sense of your organisation’s data science and analytics capability and maturity
- Data, technology and privacy examples for successful analytics in your organisation
- Discuss a variety of tools in both open source and commercial spaces and their pros and cons
Session 3: What is the difference with text mining analytics?
- Understand fundamental concepts and nuances of data science behind text mining analytics
- Explore the latest ideas with case studies in data science powering robust text mining solutions
- Working with predictive analytics models and basic algorithms in text mining analytics
Session 4: Practical Case Study – Exploring customer review from an e-commerce website
- Explore textual data elements and text structures to capture comments
- Identify trends and ways customer comments can impact a brand or business
- Build a variety of data visualisations to glean specific points of action for further analysis
Day 3 Small Group Discussion Session
There will be a 1-hour small group discussion with the workshop leader, Felipe Rego, on Day 3. This in-depth and interactive consultation session will provide delegates the opportunity to ask questions from the content covered in the preceding days or focus on specific Text Mining questions/challenges from their own organization. More details will be given nearer to the date. Felipe will also be going through the following case study and review:
Practical Case Study – Clustering survey response content
- Understand key concepts behind structuring and delivering a text clustering analysis project
- Explore and work through a practical example of text clustering on test data
- Discuss and showcase implications and other applications of text clustering
Text mining analytics in action
- Revisit main themes, tools, techniques and strategies
- Build a practical action plan to apply text mining analytics to your organisation
- Group discussion, final reflections and insights